NOTIFICATION OF LOCAL DEVELOPMENT SCHEME (LDS) UPDATE
Southwark Council has prepared a new Local Development scheme (LDS). The LDS sets out the timetable for preparing Southwark’s development plan and supplementary planning documents from July 2017 to December 2020. This will replace the previous Local Development Scheme which was published in August 2014.
Since the last LDS, a number of changes have been made to the document. This document now includes:
- An updated New Southwark Plan timetable
- A Gypsy and Traveller Development Plan document timetable
- A new Opportunity Area Framework/Area Action Plan and possible Supplementary Planning Documents for Old Kent Road. These provide additional guidance for the development that is to take place in this area;
- New SPDs for Householders and Commercial;
- Updated SPD timetables for Residential Design Standards, Heritage and Affordable Housing;
- A 3 year review of Community Infrastructure Levy and an updated CIL/S106 Supplementary Planning Document to respond to keep the financial requirements updated;
- A review date for the Statement of Community Involvement to ensure that the digital by default strategy is taken into account in consultation.
Some supplementary planning documents are rescinded or removed as they are now out of date.
For more information about the LDS as well as the supporting documents, please follow this link.
Should you have any questions about the LDS please contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org ; or by telephone on 0207 525 5471.
Planning Policy Team