Just a reminder that the shopping centre traders are sending a deputation to Southwark Council’s Assembly tomorrow evening, Tuesday 28 January.
We will be supporting them with a vibrant demonstration outside Southwark Council HO, Tooley St, SE1 2QH at 6pm – please join us!
These are the traders’ demands;
- that the shopping centre is not closed until every independent trader is relocated or receives financial compensation.
- that Delancey increases the relocation fund.
- that the rent and service charge costs of the relocation options are brought into line with each other.
- that the businesses in Arch 7 are fully included in the relocation strategy and can draw from the relocation fund.
- that the market traders around the centre are equally and fairly treated and that all traders get the benefit of rent reductions, until the shopping centre closes.
- that the independent business adviser, Tree Shepherd, applies the agreed criteria for the allocation of relocation spaces in a fair and transparent way.
- that the database of opportunities reflects what was agreed on the approval of planning permission.
You can read more here
Copyright © 2020 Elephant Amenity Network, All rights reserved.