Southwark Homeowner Conference – Spring 2020
The conference will be held on Saturday 7th March 2020 between 9am to 5pm at the William Booth College, Champion Park, Denmark Hill, Camberwell, SE5 8BQ.
This Homeowner Conference, organised by Leaseholders for Leaseholders, will be discussing housing and leasehold issues. Leaseholders and freeholders who live in Southwark Council managed properties will have a chance to find out about Southwark Housing matters, changing legislation, service charges and Section 20 Major Works.
It will provide an opportunity to hear from various independent organisations about Homeowner rights and responsibilities, as well as available services and support.
Council officers will be on hand to answer your questions and help you understand how bills are calculated. There will be presentations from the council and independent professionals and an opportunity to ask questions that are relevant to you. The Conference is chaired by Martin Boyd, from the Leasehold Knowledge Partnership.
Confirmed guest speakers include:
- Cllr Kieron Williams – Cabinet Member for Housing Management & Modernisation
- Michael Scorer – Director of Housing & Modernisation
- MP Helen Hayes – MP for Dulwich and West Norwood
- Amanda Gourlay – Barrister
- Mari Knowles – Solicitor
- Katie Kendrick and Cath Williams – National Leasehold Campaign
- Sebastian O’Kelly – Leasehold Knowledge Partnership
The conference features a market place with information stalls. Exhibitors include:
- Homeowner Council (Volunteer homeowners)
- Citizens Advice Bureau (Free, Confidential, Independent & Impartial Advice)
- Leasehold Knowledge Partnership (Charity Protecting Ordinary Leaseholders)
- LAS2000 (Leaseholders Association of Southwark 2000)
- Leasehold Advisory Service (Govt Funded Advisory Service)
- Service Charge Construction & Major Works Team (Southwark Council)
- Communal District Heating Team (Southwark Council)
- Communities Division (Southwark Council)
- My Southwark Homeowner Agency (Southwark Council)
Or copy and paste the following link into your browser: https://southwarkhomeowners.co.uk/conference-registration/
Cllr Kieron Williams – Cabinet Member for Housing Management and Modernisation