Dear committee member,
You will no doubt have seen that London and much of the South East have been placed into a new Tier 4. These stronger restrictions are needed because the virus is now spreading rapidly. The rates in London are very worrying. The number of people in Southwark with COVID-19 doubled last week, and London has seen a sharp increase in hospital admissions.
This means that the following restrictions are now in force in Southwark:
- Stay at home, apart from limited exceptions including work or education
- Christmas relaxation of rules no longer apply in London – families cannot form Christmas bubbles and no mixing is allowed between households other than support bubbles
- You can meet one person in an outdoor public space
- Non-essential retail must close, including gyms and hairdressers
- Avoid travelling between tiers and no overnight stays allowed
Tier 4 will be reviewed on 30th December.
Please help us to share the following messages with your networks:
- Southwark and the rest of London are now in Tier 4.These stronger restrictions are needed because the virus is now spreading rapidly in London. We know it’s going to be hard, but we must keep protecting each other and helping to keep everyone safe https://www.gov.uk/guidance/tier-4-stay-at-home
- Please stay home and don’t mix with other households
- Please continue to wash your hands, wear a face mask, and keep your distance when outside
A poster explaining the Tier 4 restrictions can be downloaded here which you may also find useful to share.
Thank you for all of your continued support during this difficult time – it is hugely appreciated. We hope you are able to have a safe and enjoyable Christmas despite the circumstances.
Louis Rotsos – Tenant & Homeowner Involvement Officer
Southwark Council | Communities Division
Housing and Modernisation Department
5th Floor, Hub 3 | PO Box 64529 | London | SE1P 5LX
Tel: 020 7525 1239
For the latest NHS guidance, please visit http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19
To read the latest advice and information for Southwark residents, please visit www.southwark.gov.uk/coronavirus