Dear TRA committee member,
As you’ll be aware, we are under a new national lockdown to curb the spread of the new coronavirus variant and relieve the immense pressure that the NHS is experiencing in many parts of the country. For Southwark this means the rules are similar to the Tier 4 restrictions that were already in place across London, with a key message to STAY AT HOME. There are, however, some additional restrictions.
Key messages under the National Restrictions:
- Everyone should stay at home to save lives and protect the NHS.
- Work from home unless you are unable to do so.
- All schools will be open only for vulnerable children and the children of key workers, offering remote learning to other pupils until at least the end of the February half-term.
- Hospitality venues such as cafes, restaurants, pubs, bars and social clubs must close; with the exception of providing food and non-alcoholic drinks for takeaway (until 11pm), click-and-collect and drive-through. All food and drink (including alcohol) can continue to be provided by delivery.
- You can only meet up outdoors with one other person from outside your household if it is to exercise. However, support bubbles can continue as before.
- Previously you could leave the house for unlimited exercise – now it should be limited to once per day, and you should not travel outside your local area.
- Outdoor team sports will no longer be permitted – outdoor sports venues including gyms, tennis courts and golf clubs must close. However, playgrounds can remain open.
- The government is advising the clinically extremely vulnerable to begin shielding again, and letters will be sent to those affected.
Please refer to the government guidance for full details. These restrictions will continue until at least the end of the February half-term, in the week of February 22.
Please help us to share the following messages with your networks:
- We are under a new national lockdown to help tackle the rising number of COVID-19 cases. Please stay at home to protect the NHS and keep your friends, family, and everybody else safe: www.gov.uk/guidance/national-lockdown-stay-at-home
- During the new lockdown please let the council know if a vulnerable or elderly resident might need help. Visit www.southwark.gov.uk/coronavirus-gethelp, phone 0207 525 5000 and choose option 3 or email email@example.com
- If you have coronavirus symptoms, self-isolate and request a free test via the NHS website, to help keep your family and friends safe. You are allowed to leave home for a COVID test: https://bit.ly/381KiPv
A poster explaining the latest restrictions is attached to this email, which you may also find useful to share.
As ever, a huge thanks for everything you do to support our residents and communities through this very challenging period.
Regards Resident Participation
For the latest NHS guidance, please visit www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19
To read the latest advice and information for Southwark residents, please visit www.southwark.gov.uk/coronavirus