We are now offering free, rapid COVID-19 tests to people aged 16 and over who don’t have Covid symptoms. Results are usually available within an hour. You can book regular tests, three or four days apart, for greater reliability.
Who can get tested
We are encouraging anyone who can’t work from home to book free rapid tests.
Why you should get tested
- 1 in 3 people with COVID-19 have no symptoms. Check you’re not carrying the virus and spreading it to others.
- Covid numbers are very high. Rapid tests help find more cases and help control the virus.
- Rapid tests are painless and results are usually available in less than an hour.
Where is the testing site?
The testing centre is at the Damilola Taylor Centre, 1e Surrey Grove, Peckham SE15 6DR. More sites will open soon.
When to not book a test
- do not book a rapid, lateral flow test if you have COVID-19 symptoms. Instead, self-isolate and book a free NHS test on the government website
- do not book a rapid, lateral flow test if you have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19. Instead, stay at home and self-isolate