Welcome to your regular bulletin detailing jobs, training, work experience and other opportunities for Southwark residents aged 16 to 25.
You can also check our web pages for signposting to jobs, work experience, volunteering, training and more.
Get your university tuition fees paid
If you’re under 25 years old, the Southwark Scholarship Scheme could cover the fees for your undergraduate university course. Applications close on 30 April.
Job vacancies and career support with Southwark Works
Find out about the following paid vacancies:
- Finance graduate trainee at Camden Council, deadline 2 May
- Store assistant at Aldi in Greenwich, rolling deadline
- Pharmacy counter assistant at Morrisons in Peckham, deadline 30 April
- Procurement and supply chain apprenticeship at Transport for London, rolling deadline
- Civil engineering degree apprenticeship at Transport for London, rolling deadline
- Building services degree apprenticeship at Transport for London, rolling deadline
- Business analysis apprenticeship at Transport for London, rolling deadline
Work or training advice and support for 16 to 18 year olds
If you’re aged 16 to 18 and currently not in education or employment, our post 16 service offer advice to support you into work or training. Let us know your career situation and we can help you with your options.
Learn more about software engineering
Register for a free six-week tech talent accelerator programme, where you can build IT and coding skills in preparation for apprenticeship roles in software engineering.
Learn about roles in tech
The Try Tech programme offers an online platform where you can gain knowledge and experience of the tech industry, helping you to move into roles in tech start-ups.
Free online training for in demand jobs
Microsoft is offering free online training courses and tools to build your knowledge and skills to access sought after roles across a range of sectors.
Coaching for young entrepreneurs
Register for free one-to-one career and business coaching for aspiring entrepreneurs aged 16 to 21, available through Business Launchpad. The programme also offers mentoring and health and wellbeing workshops.
Volunteer to make Southwark safer
The Southwark Youth Independent Advisory Group is a new partnership bringing together young people, us, and the Police to make our borough safer for everyone. The group is looking for local volunteers aged 14 to 21 to share their experiences and gain accredited training along the way. For further details contact email@example.com.
Artists wanted for murals at Peckham Levels
Peckham Levels is a vibrant, cultural and artistic destination for the community. Artists can submit proposal for murals that celebrate Peckham by 3 May.
Free courses with GCSE level equivalent qualifications
If you’re 19 or older register for free courses that could gain you GCSE equivalent qualifications (Level 1 and 2) in a range of topics including digital skills, mental health, event planning, business administration and many more.
- Learn how to build an app in five minutes using a range of tools, 28 April.
- Budding entrepreneurs – learn about how to stay on top of your business finance, 19 May
- London Careers Festival, 28 June to 2 July: sign up for live webinars on a range of career opportunities
- Sign up for an online event to connect emerging creative and tech businesses on 19 May
- Attend online university taster and open days to find out about choosing the right a course and university, personal statements, interviews and more.