We’re sharing some useful health and wellbeing updates with you. Please read and share.
Cancer Earlier Diagnosis – Help Us Help You
If something in your body doesn’t feel right, don’t carry the worry of cancer with you. Tests could put your mind at rest. Until you find out, you can’t rule it out. Contact your GP practice. Cancer – Signs and symptoms – NHS (www.nhs.uk)
Are you aged 50 and over?
You are now able to book your autumn Covid booster and flu vaccines from today. Protecting people in Southwark ahead of winter.
Those eligible for the flu jab are:
- people aged 50 and over
- those aged between six months and 49 years with a specified health condition
- some secondary school-aged children
- 2 and 3-year-olds
- pregnant women
- primary school-aged children
- those in care homes
- people who are carers, as set out in the Green Book
- frontline healthcare workers
- frontline social care staff who do not have access to occupational health schemes
- household contacts of people with weakened immune systems.
In line with advice from the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation, those eligible for an autumn Covid booster this year include:
- residents in care homes for older adults
- staff working in care homes for older adults
- frontline health and social care workers
- all adults aged 50 years and over
- persons aged 5 to 49 years in a clinical risk group, as set out in the Green Book
- persons aged 5 to 49 years who are household contacts of people with immunosuppression
- persons aged 16 to 49 years who are carers, as set out in the Green Book.
Avoiding medicines waste
Help your NHS avoid medicine waste. Read more about how you can help: Get the Most From Your Medicines.
NHS webinar on vaccinating children against polio, flu and MMR
You are invited to join our free children’s NHS vaccination webinars this October – your questions answered . Expert clinicians including doctors from one of the country’s top children’s hospitals will explain more about polio, flu and MMR and answer your questions.
This will be a good opportunity for parents and carers of children aged 1-9 to learn more about the importance of vaccinations and have their questions answered. Please register to attend. You’ll be sent a joining link via MS Teams before the event.
Our expert panel of speakers include:
Dr Ronny Cheung, Consultant Paediatrician, Joint Head of Service, General Paediatrics, Evalina London Children’s Hospital, Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust
- Dr Jonathan Cohen, Consultant in Paediatric Immunology & Infectious Diseases, Evelina London Children’s Hospital, Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust
- Sangeeta Leahy, Director of Public Health, London Borough of Southwark
- Dr Angela Bhan, Director for Bromley – south east London Integrated Care System, specialist public health doctor
The event is hosted by: Dr Toby Garrood, Joint Medical Director – south east London Integrated Care System, Consultant Rheumatologist, Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust
Have a lovely weekend and thank you for your continued support.
My preferred pronouns are: She/Her
SEL ICB switchboard: 020 8176 5330
Direct dial: 020 8176 5346
Communications and Engagement Manager (Partnership Southwark)
NHS South East London
South East London Integrated Care System