To mark the launch of the Women’s Safety Charter, Southwark Council will be hosting an exciting, thought provoking panel discussion. We’ll be discussing when ‘banter’ becomes harassment, why harassment happens and how to create a culture where women feel safe on a night out.
We are very excited to announce that the panelists will be:
Sara Pascoe, comedian; Sara’s appearances include Stand Up for the Week, The Thick of It, Mock the Week, and Twenty Twelve and her show Sara Pascoe vs History was nominated for the Foster’s Edinburgh Comedy Award 2014 for Best Comedy Show
- Shahlaa Tahira, Reprezent Radio presenter and Capital FM producer
- Rhiannon Lucy Cosslett, Vagenda founder, journalist and co-author of The Vagenda: A Zero Tolerance Guide to the Media
- Rosamund Urwin, Evening Standard columnist and feature writer
- Chris Steward, founder of True Lad website
- Susuana Antunam, NUS national women’s officer.
The event will take place on the evening of Tuesday 16 December at the Keyworth Centre, Southbank University. Doors open at 6pm and the event starts at 6.30pm, followed by time for refreshments and networking from 7:45pm.
Tickets are free but limited, so email firstname.lastname@example.org to request yours.