The Leaseholder’s Association of Southwark was set up in the year 2000, combining two existing leaseholder associations.
LAS2000 is a body that proactively seeks to promote the interests of local authority homeowners and focuses on the issues that surround the local authority homeowners of Southwark which include:
- Large Major Works and Annual Service Charge estimated & actual invoices.
- Not knowing who to contact in the council.
- Understanding the terms of the lease.
- Not understanding the S20 consultation process and calculation sheets supplied by LBS.
- Applications to the First Tier Tribunal (formerly Leasehold Valuation Tribunal).
LAS2000 also represents the interests of local authority homeowners in consultations with the London Borough of Southwark (LBS) and other bodies as necessary and can request information from LBS and make recommendations regarding contractors, service provision, maintenance and management.
LAS2000 is a not for profit organisation that is self funded and completely independent of LBS and as such is able to challenge LBS’s decisions up to and including by taking legal action.