From tomorrow London, and a number of others areas, are moving to Tier 3 COVID-19 restrictions. This is because infection rates have been rising quickly.
This is the right decision to protect lives but we’re also calling on government to make sure that everyone in Tier 3 areas gets the financial support needed to protect livelihoods and businesses.
Tier 3 restrictions: the key new rules
- Different households can’t mix inside or in most outdoor venues (except for support bubbles).
- You can meet with up to six people in parks and some other outdoor public places.
- Hospitality venues, like pubs and restaurants, will close and can only offer take-away, drive-through or delivery services. Entertainment venues like cinemas and theatres will be closed.
- People should avoid travel unless necessary and work from home if they can.
Please check all the current rules at www.gov.uk/guidance/tier-3-very-high-alert.
Help during the new restrictions
I know this new period of restrictions will be difficult for many and we are here to help. If you or anyone you know, will struggle during the restrictions please let us know so we can help.
Be safe over Christmas
We are at a critical moment in our response to COVID-19. It’s vital we make the right choices to reduce the spread of the virus and save lives.
In addition to the new rules I urge you to think carefully about your Christmas plans.
- Please consider whether forming a ‘Christmas bubble’ with other households between 23 and 27 December is a safe thing for you and your family to do, even if the rules allow it.
- Please stay away from crowded places. If you go out and about over the coming days – including for Christmas shopping – stay away from crowds and consider wearing a face covering at all times, not just in shops and on transport.
Thank you and stay safe,