London is now in Tier 4 restrictions. The stronger restrictions are needed because the number of people with COVID-19 is rising rapidly. London has also seen a sharp increase in hospital admissions.
A reminder of the Tier 4 rules
- We should all stay at home
- The previous Christmas bubble arrangements are no longer allowed
- You cannot meet people socially indoors, unless you live with them, or they are part of your existing support bubble
- Outdoors, you can only meet one person from another household
- Non-essential shops are closed
- You should work from home if you can
- You should not travel outside of London to visit family or friends
Read all the Tier 4 rules.
Remember: Hands, Face, Space
As well as abiding by the new rules, please continue to wash your hands, wear a face mask (unless exempt), and keep your distance when outside. 1 in 3 people who have coronavirus have no symptoms and will be spreading it without realising it. Please remember Hands, Face, Space.
Thank you for following the rules and helping to keep yourself, your friends and family, and Southwark safe this Christmas.